In your Studio Panel, contracts are documents that one client will read and sign. Contracts are emailed to clients directly, are read and signed on any device, and then are stored in your ShootProof account.
Sending a Contract from a Saved Template
When you have a template created, the ShootProof system will use all of the information you've saved to create a document that a specific client can read and sign.
1. Go to Studio > Contracts > New Contract > select "With a Template You've Saved"
2. Name the contract (generally something specific, like Smith Wedding or Susie & John's Engagement) and select the template you wish to use as the basis of the contract.
3. Select the client in the Linked Contact area. (If you haven't created this Contact yet, you can do so here.)
4. Edit the document.
- Variables that are RED will not be populated because these details are missing for this Contact; Variables that are BLUE will be correctly populated when you save the contract.
- Click on the blanks throughout the document, if you've inserted them in the template, and complete them appropriately.
- Select / confirm the contract due date and/or shoot date.
5. Save the contract!
6. Review your contract. Clicking the overflow button (looks like this: "...") in the top right will allow you to view the contract as the client will see it, as well as print and cancel it.
7. Click the "Send to Client" button in the top right, edit the email as you wish, and click "Send."
Sending a Contract (Not From a Template)
If you do not have a template or simply wish to send a document quickly to a client, you can create a new contract and email it directly.
1. Go to Studio > Contracts > New Contract > select "Brand New Contract"
2. Name the contract (generally something specific, like Smith Wedding or Susie & John's Engagement)
3. Paste the text of the document, or write your own, in the Template Body area, and select the Due Date, Shoot Date (if applicable), Logo, and Language.
4. Click "Save Contract" in the top right.
5. Click the "Send to Client" button in the top right, edit the email as you wish, and click "Send."