*This feature is not available in all plans. To see the different plans or make changes to your plan, go to the Plan & Billing tab in your account.
When a client places a lab-based order, you must approve it for printing. (This feature is currently only available for studios based in the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Finland, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Greece, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Romania, and Latvia).
Orders that are waiting for your approval are marked as"Awaiting Studio" in the Lab Progress column of the Orders page.
To approve an order to be sent to the lab:
1. Go to Commerce > Orders
2. Click on the specific order (or search for it using the "Search" button)
- Click the photo in the Crop column to adjust the crop for that specific print size
- Edit the item ordered or change the quantity - Click "Edit Item" beside an individual product
- Add mounting and/or texture where applicable - Click "Edit Item" beside an individual product
- Replace Files - Click "Replace" below a photo to swap out the file that will be used to print
3. Click "Start Approval"
4. Review and confirm that crops are correct
5. Add boutique packaging and color correction, if desired
6. Choose a shipping speed
7. Choose an address to ship the order to (the address the client entered, your studio address on file, or an alternate address of your choice)
8. Click "Send to Lab"
* Note that once an order is approved to be printed at the lab, it cannot be canceled or changed.
If you are interested in enabling auto-approval/submission of lab orders, you can learn how here.
If you need to change an order or portion of an order from lab-fulfilled to self-fulfilled after the client places the order, click the "Convert to Self Fulfilled" on the Actions menu on the order screen.
If you plan to self-fulfill an order that included lab items (meaning, you no longer plan to send these items to the lab to be printed) and you use ShootProof Payments to process client credit cards, this step is required for your funds (profits) to become available.