Note: If AutoPay is turned on for an invoice, future installments will not be affected by the refund.
Steps for Issuing a Refund on an Invoice
If you would like to give a partial refund, wait until 24 hours have passed since the client made the payment so the charge can fully settle. For full refunds, you can follow the steps below immediately after payment to void the charge. (After the charge has settled, the refund will show as a "Refund” as opposed to a “Void.”)
1. Go to Commerce > Invoices > Click on the specific invoice
2. Click on the Payments tab at the bottom of the page
3. Click Refund in the far right column beside the payment you wish to refund
4. Select Full Refund or Partial Refund
5. Add an optional message to the automatic email notification, if desired
6. Click Next
7. Confirm the refund by clicking Refund Payment
Refunds typically take between 2-3 days from the time that the refund was initiated. However, it is possible that with some banks it can take up to 5 days or even until the end of the billing cycle to show up on the client’s statement.