An Item Discount gives your client a discount on certain items. You can set this discount up so that they have to buy a certain amount of that item to receive the discount. You can also use this discount to give clients a set number of this item for free.
Item discounts can be Automatic or Promo Code based. Automatic discounts apply to all eligible items in a cart automatically, while Promo Code discounts require that the client enter a Promo Code in the cart or at checkout in order to receive the discount.
Create an Item Discount
- Go to Commerce > Pricing
- Select the price sheet where you’d like to add the discount
- Click Add New Discount > Create in line with Item Discount
- Choose whether it is an Automatic or Promo Code discount
- Select the item(s) you'd like to discount and click Next
- Set up the discount requirements
- Set how many items they will need to purchase to get the discount.
- Choose if the discount will be a dollar amount or percentage off, a specific price for each, or make the items free.
- Optionally set a limit on how many times the discount can be applied per checkout. If left blank, the client can use it as many times as applicable per checkout.
- Click Save