Offering your client a payment plan? Want to split a larger bill into chunks so your client can pay over time? Setting up installments on an invoice will allow you to collect payments at customizable intervals!
Installments can be a set amount (say, $250 each) or a percentage of the total (for example, four equal payments -- 25% of the total), and each has its own due date.
Clients have through the end of the due date to make an installment payment before it is deemed overdue (11:59:59 pm on the due date in the studio's time zone).
Set Up Installments
1. Go to Commerce > Invoices
2. Create a new invoice or click on an existing invoice and select “Edit Invoice” from the overflow button on the top right
3. Click on the Installments tab near the bottom of the page
4. Click the “Edit Installments” button
5. Select the number of installments. (The system will automatically distribute the payments evenly over the number of installments you’ve selected.)
6. Click “Apply”
7. Click “Save Invoice” in the top right
1. Click on the Installments tab near the bottom of the page
2. Click the “Edit Installments” button
3. Click on the specific installment
4. Click on “Fixed Price” to specify the amount of the installment or change the due date
6. Click “Save”
7. Click “Apply”
8. Click “Save Invoice” in the top right