Offering your client a payment plan? Want to split a larger bill into chunks so your client can pay over time? Payment installments make it convenient for clients to pay off invoices in smaller amounts over time and create a recurring revenue stream for you. Setting up installments on an invoice allows you to collect payments at customizable intervals.
Installments can be a set amount (say, $250 each) or a percentage of the total (for example, four equal payments -- 25% of the total), and each has its own due date.
Using the Installment tab within the invoice, you can easily track client payments and due dates.
Clients have through the end of the due date to make an installment payment before it is deemed overdue (11:59:59 pm on the due date in the studio's time zone).
Set Up Installments
1. Go to Commerce > Invoices
2. Create a new invoice or click on an existing invoice and select Edit Invoice from the Actions drop-down menu in the top right
3. Click on the Installments tab near the bottom of the page and click the Edit Installments button
4. Select the number of installments and click Apply
- The system automatically distributes payments and installment dates evenly over the number of installments you’ve selected
5. Add an optional pre-payment by clicking Add Pre-Payment
- Label it as Non-Refundable Payment, Deposit, or Retainer,
- Choose between a percentage or fixed price
- The pre-payment shows as the first installment and the remaining installments will be divided evenly
6. Click Save Invoice in the top right when you're done
1. Click into the Installments tab near the bottom of the page
2. Click the Edit Installments button
3. Click on the specific installment
4. Change the due date or choose Fixed Price to specify the installment amount
6. Click Save
7. Click Apply
8. Click Save Invoice in the top right