For each gallery, you can choose one contact to be the Linked Contact. This individual can be given special privileges in the gallery, such as hiding photos, labeling photos, and accessing a gallery that is in Pre-Release.
Labels are customizable and are determined by you, the studio, when a Linked Contact selects photos in a gallery, the labels will be offered as an option. Labeled images can be viewed in the gallery in groups by the Linked Contact only. Other visitors to the gallery will not have access to the labels or the label selections.
Setting Up the Label Photos Privilege
First, link a contact to the gallery, and turned on the Label Photos privilege, you will create up to six labels in the Linked Contact area.
1. Go to Photos > Galleries > Gallery
2. Click "Add Contact" to the left and select an existing contact or create a new contact to link to the gallery. The email address you enter is the one they will need to use to access the gallery.
3. Enter a 6-digit access code. When your client enters this code, they'll have access to the privileges you enable here (hiding and/or labeling).
4. When you enable labeling, you can create up to 6 labels, and optionally limit the number of times your client can use the label.
5. Once you've created the labels, click Save. Your client will now have the option to label images when they enter the gallery with their email address and access code.
*It's important that you turn on the Email Required setting so the Linked Contact is prompted to enter his or her email address when entering the gallery.
Go to Photos > Galleries > Quick Actions > Settings > Access & Privacy to turn this setting on.
Labeling Photos in the Gallery (Client)
When the Linked Contact visits the gallery, he or she will enter the email address you have saved in his or her contact file.
The gallery will automatically prompt the visitor for the Access Code. The client can enter the code to enable the admin privileges, or the client can choose to Browse as Guest to simply enter the gallery as a regular visitor.
When viewing the gallery in admin mode, the Linked Contact can select an image in the gallery and then click the Label button to apply a specific label to the photo. Your client can use as many of the labels as necessary!
Viewing Labeled Photos (Client and Photographer)
Both the Linked Contact and you, the studio, can see which images have been labeled in a gallery.
In the client gallery, the Linked Contact will:
- Click Favorites on the main gallery page
- Click Labeled
In the Studio Panel, the photographer will:
- Go to Photos > Galleries > Gallery
- Click the Linked Contact's name on the left.
- Click on the label name.
Here, use the buttons to copy the filenames of the photos to your clipboard, create a Mobile App with the images, or send an email to the Linked Contact with a link to download the photos. You can also select one or more images to download directly.