For each gallery, you can choose one contact to be the Linked Contact. This individual can be given special privileges in the gallery, such as hiding photos, labeling photos, and accessing a gallery that is in Pre-Release.
You determine the labels that are available to the Linked Contact. When the Linked Contact selects photos in a gallery, they see the option to apply those labels. Labeled images can be viewed by the Linked Contact only under the Favorites tab in the gallery. Other visitors to the gallery will not have access to the labels or see the label selections.
Setting Up Labels
For your clients to be able to label images in their gallery you will need to link a contact to the gallery and then assign them labeling privileges. To do this:
- Go to Photos > Galleries > Gallery
- Click Add Contact to the left and select an existing contact or create a new contact to link to the gallery. The email address you enter is the one the client will need to use to access the gallery.
- Enter a 6-digit access code. When your client enters this code, they'll have access to the privileges you enable here (hiding and/or labeling).
- Create the labels you want for your client. You can optionally limit the number of times your client can use each label.
- Once you've created the label(s), click Save. Your client will now have the option to label images when they enter the gallery with their Linked Contact email address and enter their access code.*
*It's important that you turn on the Email Required setting so the Linked Contact is prompted to enter his or her email address when entering the gallery.
Go to Photos > Galleries > Actions on the specific gallery > Settings > Access & Privacy to turn this setting on.
Labeling Photos in the Gallery
When the Linked Contact visits the gallery, they will enter the email address set for their contact file.
The gallery will automatically prompt the visitor for the Access Code. The client can enter the code to enable their admin privileges (labeling and/or hiding) or the client can choose Browse as Guest to simply enter the gallery as a regular visitor.
When viewing the gallery in Admin Mode, the Linked Contact can select an image in the gallery and click the label button to apply a specific label to the photo. Your client can apply as many of the labels to an image as they want!
Viewing Labeled Photos (Client and Photographer)
Both the Linked Contact and you, the studio, can see which images have been labeled in a gallery.
In the client gallery, the Linked Contact will:
- Click Favorites on the main gallery page
- Click Labeled
In the Studio Panel, the photographer will:
- Go to Photos > Galleries > click the gallery
- Click the Linked Contact's name on the left.
- Click on the label name.
Here, use the buttons to copy the filenames of the photos to your clipboard, create a Mobile App with the images, or send an email to the Linked Contact with a link to download the photos.