Once you've purchased a contract template from the Marketplace, you can customize it for the needs of your studio, and then use it to create individual contracts for your clients.
Similar to the way regular contract templates work in your Studio Panel, purchased templates are used again and again for many different clients and situations, and using them saves you from having to recreate the wheel.
Customizing a Purchased Template
Once you have purchased a template:
1. Go to Studio > Contracts > "Quick Actions" for the purchased template > and select "Create Template From"
2. Name the new template.
3. Edit the template text.
- Look for text IN ALL CAPS AND ITALICS: this is text you will need to pay attention to because the author of the document wants you to replace it (or the text around it) with your own information. For example, the word STATE would be replaced with the name of the state in which your studio is located.
- Pre-formatted blanks will appear like this throughout the document: ░░░░░ Insert your own blanks, if applicable, in other places throughout the contract. (To learn more about blanks, what they are, and how to use them, click here.)
- Common variables have already been inserted in the purchased templates for you. You can add more, remove the ones we've given. (To learn more about variables, what they are, and how to use them, click here.)
4. Choose a logo and language, and save!
Your newly-customized version of the purchased template can be found in the "My Templates" section near the bottom of the Templates page in the Contracts area of your account.
To use the template to quickly create a contract for a client, simply click Quick Actions > "Create Contract From" and save and send the contract to your client. (For more detail about using a template to create and send a contract, click here.)