ShootProof does not submit taxes on your studio's behalf, so you'll want to check with your CPA or the Department of Revenue to get information about what sales taxes you're required to collect from your clients. It is the studio's responsibility to remit any taxes due to the correct authorities.
To charge your clients sales tax, you'll set it up on each individual Price Sheet:
1. Go to Commerce > Pricing
2. Click on the price sheet
3. In the Sales Taxes section, enter the required information:
- Tax Percent - percentage to be charged on each order
- Tax Title - label you'd like to appear in the client's cart/receipt (i.e. "Sales Tax" or "CA State Tax")
- State / Province - only clients whose addresses are in the location chosen here will be charged tax
- Charge Tax on Digitals - turning this on will charge clients sales tax on digital downloads
- Charge Tax on Shipping - turning this on will charge clients sales tax on their shipping costs
- VAT # - if you are required to charge VAT and display your VAT number on client receipts, enter it here
* ShootProof mails 1099K forms for any studio who had at least $20,000 in sales and 200 transactions processed through ShootProof Payments by January 31st in accordance with IRS guidelines. For studios not meeting these IRS reporting minimums, no tax forms will be generated or submitted to the IRS by ShootProof.