A Group Discount (or Category discount) gives a discount to all of the items in a category on the price sheet. For example, you can set a discount for 15% off of any items in the Prints category.
Group Discounts can be Automatic or Promo Code based. Automatic discounts apply to all eligible items in a cart automatically, while Promo Code discounts require that the client enter a Promo Code in the cart or at checkout in order to receive the discount.
Create a Group Discount
- Go to Commerce > Pricing
- Select the price sheet where you’d like to add the discount
- Click Add New Discount > Create in line with Group Discount
- Choose whether it is an Automatic or Promo Code discount
- Select the item category(s) you'd like to discount and click Next
- Set up the discount requirements
- Set how many items they will need to purchase from a category to get the discount.
- Choose if the discount will be a dollar amount or percentage off, a specific price for each, or make the items free.
- Optionally set a limit on how many times the discount can be applied per checkout. If left blank, the client can use it as many times as applicable per checkout.
- Click Save