Albums are folders or groups of photos within a gallery. For example, if the "Smith Wedding" is your gallery, you might have albums for "Ceremony", "Reception", etc. For a sporting event, a photographer might set up albums for each team, game, and/or day of a tournament.
Photos that have been sorted into albums will still remain in the "All Photos" view for the gallery, as well.
Need to share or deliver files to just a vendor? Check out our other article here on creating vendor albums.
Create an Album
1. Go to Photos > Galleries > Choose the gallery
2. Click the "Add Albums" button and name your album.
3. You have a couple of options here:
- You can toggle the option to Password-protect this album to add a password.
- You can toggle on the option to set this album up as a Vendor Album.
- You can Save Album and Create Another.
4. Click Add Album to create your album and close this window.
*Note: An album can contain either photos or sub-albums, but not both. To add a sub-album, click on the Album and then the "Add Sub-Album" button.
Add Photos to an Album
If you need to upload this album's photos now:
- Click the name of the album > Add Photos button > Upload the files
If you already have the photos uploaded to the gallery and just want to sort some into this album:
- Click All Photos > Select the photos > Drag them to the album on the left
1. Click on "All Albums"
2. In the main view, drag and drop the albums into the order you prefer
Auto-Generate Passwords for Albums
1. Go to Photos > Galleries > click on the specific gallery
2. Click on "Manage Albums"
3. Click "Generate Passwords" in the top right
4. Select the albums you want randomized passwords assigned to
5. Click "Generate Passwords" button
Even More Helpful Hints
1. Photos that have been sorted into albums will still remain in the "All Photos" view for the gallery, as well. Deleting an album will NOT remove the photos from the gallery entirely.
2. An album can contain either photos or sub-albums, but not both.
3. The "More Options" button on the Manage Albums view will allow you to sort albums alphabetically, generate automatic passwords for the albums, and download a CSV file of album passwords
4. Click "All Photos Not in Albums" to view the files that have NOT already been put into albums. In this way, you can see which photos still need to be sorted into albums.